As we approach the end of summer and look ahead to fall and beyond, we also reflect on 2023 to-date and begin business planning for 2024. As part of this process, we value connecting with clients on what your expectations are and how we can help you achieve them. You will likely be hearing from Team Henderson in the coming months as we reach out to ask you that question. At the end of the day, your goals are our goals, and we want to ensure we are doing our part to help you reach them.
Here are just a few highlights of what we’ve been up to the last several months across both Henderson Engineers and Henderson Building Solutions in our continued effort to deliver the best client, and employee, experience in the industry:
- World Refrigeration Day: We understand how refrigerants align with corporate sustainability, ESG goals, and ever-changing regulations, which is why seven of the 10 biggest retailers and grocers in the world are working with us on their climate pledge goals. We commemorated World Refrigeration Day earlier this summer by creating a new resource page that talks about the importance of sustainable refrigeration design solutions. As our industry looks for ways to address our environmental impact, there’s been a demand for knowledge about sustainable refrigeration best practices. I encourage you to visit this page to learn more about what we’re doing to help our clients push this important conversation forward.
- Inaugural Retail Symposium: We were also proud to host our inaugural Retail Symposium several months ago. The event brought together members of Team Henderson’s retail sector with clients and industry leaders from across the country to discuss hot topics and issues impacting the industry and how we could partner to address them. The event focused on three primary areas: Achieving Sustainability Goals in Retail Settings, Elevating Client Experience, and Innovating the Retail Industry. For a summary of key takeaways from each session, click here.
- Mission Critical: Earl Wilcox, our Mission Critical General Manager, and Drew Rimmer, our Mission Critical Practice Director, visited with the Kansas City Business Journal about how mission critical has become one of the fastest growing industries for Henderson in the past year. Our team specializes in mission critical facilities like data centers and public safety centers that provide services that need to be “always on” and running safely and efficiently. Click here to read more from Drew and Earl.
WHAT’S NEW AT HENDERSON?
Finally, I wanted to share a quick update about a couple other key initiatives we’ve been working on as we continue to also focus on our employee experience and growth:
- DE&I Summit: We recently hosted our second annual Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Many of our DE&I Council and People Resource Group (PRG) leaders had the opportunity to come together to learn, grow, and plan our DE&I strategy for 2024. Both days began with an outside keynote speaker or panelists, including leaders from clients and industry partners like HKS, Walter P Moore, BNIM, JE Dunn, Burns & McDonnell, and Black & Veatch. It was great to learn about what our peer companies are accomplishing, talk about our common challenges, and brainstorm about ways we can make Henderson and the AEC industry a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive place. Our commitment to DE&I is strong with inclusion as one of our core values. I am grateful to our DE&I Partner, Jenn Miller, and all our employee-owners who have helped Henderson on our DE&I journey.
- People on the Move: I’m excited to share that Andrew Bennett has been named as our new Business Sector Andrew has been a leader at Henderson for more than nine years, serving as the head of our New York office, part of the Health Sector leadership team, and a member of our Henderson Companies Board of Directors. Andrew brings a strong vision and passion for the sector and has experience working with clients within the Business Sector from his work within and beyond Henderson that helped make him a great fit for this role.
- Bentonville Office Open House: Our leadership team spent several days in our Bentonville office hosting an open house with more than 100 clients in attendance to celebrate the office’s 20th While we were there, we also celebrated a reveal of our latest ESOP share price (and it went up!) As employee owners, we all “own” a piece of Henderson, which motivates us to provide innovative solutions for your hardest projects and the best client experience in the industry. See our latest Bentonville office space.
- Update Your Address Book: Our offices in Nashville, Philadelphia, and Tampa all have new addresses. To learn more about each of our 13 national offices, click here.
Thank you for your continued trust and partnership with our team at Henderson over this past year. To stay in the loop on what we’re up to, check out our latest industry news coverage and interviews or connect with us at an upcoming conference or tradeshow. We’re excited about how we can work together to continue to build a better world.